The Blueair 500 Series features award-winning Swedish design, materials and workmanship. Keep your unit in top condition by following these simple and easy cleaning and maintenance tips.
- Always position the unit where used, as recommended in the User Guide.
- Always turn off and unplug the unit from the electrical outlet before cleaning or changing filters.
- Never attempt to disassemble the unit, *contact your Blueair dealer for qualified service, or if your unit requires an **internal deep clean.
- Wipe the exterior of the unit with a soft, clean, damp cloth. Avoid use of chemical solvents or petroleum based products which can damage the finish of the unit. We recommend a lint-free rag lightly sprayed with glass cleaner or a mild anti-bacterial cleaner.
- Vacuum the small airflow openings on the sides and top grill of unit using a soft brush attachment.
- Remove the top grill to access the old filters and remove, wipe the underside of top grill clean (It is recommended the filters be changed every six months).
- Vacuum the interior of the filter chambers using a long crevice tool and soft brush attachments.
- Carefully place the unit on its side (on a soft cloth or rug) and vacuum the bottom of the unit using a soft brush attachment.
- Upright the unit and install new Blueair filters (***We recommend our convenient Filter Subscription Program). Ensure the side filters are placed with black side or side marked “out” are facing outward and the black side of top filter or side marked “out” is placed upwards.
- Replace the top grill then plug the unit into the electrical outlet.
- Set your unit to the desired speed and enjoy the good clean fresh air.
*We provide Warranty Service (5 years) or Out of Warranty Service (Charges apply)
**We offer Deep Cleaning Service (Charges apply)
***Free Delivery (Filter Subscription Program not available in all countries)